Friday, November 30, 2012

Possible Dates and Venues

Throughout this blog I will be throwing a lot of ideas and thoughts out there. I would love to hear people's opinions of them as we go...I will probably also put dress ideas and stuff, but due to the fact that I have an internet savvy fiance, no final decision or pictures of me in the final contenders will be posted! That is what private email is for!

While in Mexico and over the past two days, we have brainstormed A LOT! Right now, our IDEAL wedding would be:

Located in Colorado Springs, CO at the Broadmoor Hotel:




We would like for it to be held on October 5, 2013. I have always dreamed of having a fall wedding, because I love the changing of the leaves. While Colorado doesn't really have "changing" leaves per say, the Aspen tress and other get a beautiful yellow glow in the fall, which is just magical!

We want a small intimate wedding with family and a very few close friends. We are both private people and enjoy the small intimate setting rather than the larger party type feel. We believe that we should keep the celebration really small. Since it will be a small intimate gathering, we would like to have a plated multi-course dinner, possibly with a wine pairing.

The schedule that we would like to follow is:

Wednesday October 2, 2013: Wedding Party and Close Family Arrives
Thursday October 3, 2012: Ladies day at the Spa/Bachelorette (TAME) type event, Guys day around the city/Bachelor type event
Friday October 4, 2013: Rehearsal, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Cocktail Party for the out of town guests that haven't yet arrived
Saturday October 5, 2013: Wedding (afternoonish) and Reception
Sunday October 6, 2012: Brunch and Seeing Guests Off

I would love to implement sunflowers ALL OVER my wedding. I know that October is the VERY end of Sunflower season, but I hope that I can pull this off! 

That is about all that I have for now... 

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment