Friday, November 30, 2012

...So It Begins

After almost four years of dating, planning, and wishing, Shane and I are finally engaged! We are so extremely excited. It all began on February 21, 2008. I was a Junior in college and was drug along to poker night at a friend's boyfriend's friend's house. My horse was sick and I did NOT want to attend the gathering; however, my friend was persuasive in forcing me to get out of the barn and spend some time with people. I reluctantly tagged along. When I got there, my friend's boyfriend's friend welcomed me and we began talking. About half way through the poker game I gave him my phone number so that he could text me a picture he had taken. We then became more interested in text flirting then the game. By the end of the night we had agreed to meet for dinner the following night at Logan's Steakhouse. The rest, as they say, is history.



When I graduated from college in May 2010 I left Virginia and headed south to spend the sumer with my parents in Texas before moving to Colorado for graduate school. Shane and I agreed that he would continue living and working in Virginia until we both decided where we would live when I gradated. In May 2012 I finished my degree, had secured an AMAZING job with the University, and Shane packed up and move to Colorado. 



Over Thanksgiving vacation we took a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico with my family. The trip was amazing and we absolutely loved everything about the location and the life in Mexico (at a resort of course...haha). 





It was during this magical trip that it happened. We were at dinner at a unique concept restaurant with the whole family. It was supposed to be our fancy end of the trip dinner; however, between the horrible service and mediocre food, it was falling far far short. That is, until the end of the meal prior to dessert. It was at that point that Shane got out of his seat, dropped to one knee, and asked me to marry him! I LOVED IT! I was so excited. I could not have had it be a more perfect moment than the two of us and my family there to witness the amazing moment. 





We have been wishing and planning this moment in our lives for almost 3 or so years. We are so excited that it is finally here and we can plan and publicize all of our stuff that we want to do! It is going to be a whirlwind of a year and stressful and crazy and perfect! Come along with me as Shane and I navigate this fun new adventure!


1 comment:

  1. All of your aunts are discussing your Bridal Shower. We are all so excited!

    ReplyDelete