Wednesday, December 12, 2012

This Weekend...

With Shane's schedule my weekends really start on Thursday (though I still have to work Friday...which is totally not fair!), but anyways, this weekend we have a good amount of appointments.

Thursday:

I will be leaving work at 3:00pm (which is okay since I have to be at work an hour early two days this week). We are then driving to Golden, Colorado, which is about 20-25 minutes or so west of Denver on the north side. This is perfect for mountain views as well as easy access to all places in the city. Our first venue is the Briarwood Inn. I don't know much about any of these places except that our wedding planner recommended them. I will, obviously, know more on Sunday after we see everything.

Briarwood Inn Ceremony Site

Briarwood Inn Reception Site

After the Briarwood Inn we will be heading a few blocks over to The Golden Hotel. It is a beautiful hotel that seems to have the right kind of atmosphere and price!

The Golden Hotel View

The Golden Hotel View

On Friday DU is closing for a half day for the University wide Holiday Party. I am not attending the Holiday Party and instead I am heading to Colorado Springs again for another venue tour. I am so excited about this one. It is Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. That's right THE ZOO! It is a zoo on top of Cheyenne Mountain and only blocks away from The Broadmoor Hotel. We are so excited because we feel like the venue fits us. Plus, it is amazingly unique and would be pretty awesome. You can rent out parts of the zoo and this awesome lodge. Plus you can feed the giraffes!!!

Feeding the giraffes!

The view!

Then on Saturday we will head to a pretty cool venue. This is the Racoon Creek Golf Club. It is cool because it used to be an old working ranch and still has some of the historic rustic buildings, yet it is also sophisticated and really nice. I think that it might have a good marriage of both of the things we want!



This just looks like me. Just insert my face please...and let me be that skinny!

The nice thing about these venues is that we ASSURED that the dates we wanted were available and that they were in our price range. The Briarwood Inn may be a stretch; however, I think that we could negotiate a little bit if we love the place. It is probably my least favorite of the four. I am so excited to see the Zoo and Racoon Creek. The Golden Hotel also looks awesome. I am very excited about the venue choices this weekend. Thanks to our amazing planner. Worth her weight in gold already!






No comments:

Post a Comment